Είστε σε:  Home Πολιτισμος και έδαφος Μοναστήρι του Αγίου Ιωάννη Theresti
Italian - ItalyFrench (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)GreekEnglish (United Kingdom)
Λεπτομέρειες πληροφοριών


Μοναστήρι του Αγίου Ιωάννη Theresti Λεπτομέρειες  
X

Όψη:
Ιστορική περίοδος: 0000
Είδος: Testo
Λέξεις κλειδιά: Μοναστήρι του Αγίου Ιωάννη Theresti, Bivongi, Ρέτζιο Καλάμπρια

Η Ελληνική Ορθόδοξη μοναστήρι του Αγίου Ιωάννη Theresti, που ιδρύθηκε ίσως στο ενδέκατο αιώνα, είναι ένα από τα πιο διάσημα μονάδες μνημειώδη Βυζαντινή-Norman της νότιας Ιταλίας. Σήμερα, ανακαινισμένο, χορηγήθηκε η ρουμανική ορθόδοξη Μητρόπολη της Ιταλίας


Located about three kilometers. from the town of Bivongi, between the rivers Aces and cell, the greek Orthodox monastery of St. John Theresti (also known as San Giovanni Vecchio), founded perhaps in the eleventh century, is one of the most famous monuments units Byzantine-Norman southern Italy. Linked to the figure of St. John Theresti, hermit and miracle worker who lived perhaps in the eleventh century, enjoyed great importance throughout the Norman period. For a miraculous healing by Roger II of the saint, the Normans made to reconstruct the early twelfth century, the monastery and the church, making the rise to the dignity of Archimandrite Monastery (that put him in charge of the nearby monastery). Ancient building remains the only church with a Latin cross plan, surmounted by a dome elongated nave, chancel rectangular with side apses without chorus. This is a real jewel that many have noticed a syncretism of the reasons the Byzantines, Normans and Islam: the installation of priests clearly shows an influence Nordic-Benedictine, but the length of the hall and the polychromy of the whole, both from structurally and decorative, are typical of the Byzantine tradition, the values of volumetric show, finally, a strong Islamic influence. Small external apses and the central one, and then the dominant dome, which rests on a drum decorated by 16 slender columns forming a half circle arches, clearly give the impression of a strong verticality. Inside, the structural simplicity of the main body as a counterpoint to the complicated structure of the dome, and this, lined by two rows of teeth of a saw becomes, up to four single-light windows that open, octagonal, because of four small niches that blunt the edges of the cube. On the octagonal prism then grafted onto the cylinder covered with a cap lowered. The traces of frescoes on the walls suggest that the entire structure was decorated with paintings. The monastery maintained prosperity until the fifteenth century, but already in a relationship of Athanasius Calckeopolus of 1457 shows strong signs of decay and neglect. Basilian Order in 1579 the creation of Italy gave new life to the monastery, which became the most important monastery in Calabria, in 1662, however, the permanence of the monks in the monastery became impossible due to a band of robbers, the monks moved to Stilo (where the relics were brought to St. John and also those of the holy monks and Nicholas Ambrose) and the convent, abandoned, began its irreversible decline. The restoration of the seventies of the twentieth century, and especially those of the nineties, have revived the monastery, from which they are established in 1995 by monks from Mount Athos. In 2001 the monastery was visited by Bartholomew I, Patriarch of Constantinople, and in 2002 was completed the reconstruction of the "katholikon. Because of a dispute arising from within the Orthodox Archdiocese of Italy and Malta for the monastery of San Giovanni Theresti, it was granted by the common use of Bivongi for 99 years at the Romanian Orthodox Diocese of Italy.



Κατηγορία: Αρχιτεκτονική  ->  Αρχιτεκτονικοί Ρυθμοί
Εγκατεστημένα σε: Via Giacomo Matteotti  89040   Bivongi(RC)    Χάρτης

Σχετικές πληροφορίες - Convento dei SS. Apostoli - Le cascate del Marmarico - Bagni di Guida - Bivongi D.O.C.


Πίσω